Time Travelling : Beauty Edition

10:33:00 PM

Hey there lovelies... Today, I think I'd like to take you guys time traveling with me...  Where you might ask?  To the time where all the skincare products might not even existed!  Have you ever wondered what your grandma or even great grandma used in their 'beauty regime' back in the days?  I know one product stands out the most.  I remembered seeing my grandma using some sort of a white mask pack on her face at night and trust me guys, it's kinda scary looking at it at night with the lights off!  What is this product that my grandma used for her skin?


It is non other than..... *drum role please...... BEDAK SEJUK!  I know some of you guys might be wondering what the hell is it?  If I'm to directly translate it, it would be something called 'Cold Powder'  Isn't it just ridiculous?  Most of the people here in Malaysia (I hope) should know what is this 'bedak sejuk'.


My grandma makes her own 'bedak sejuk' which I guess is pretty cool.  I don't really know how it is made.  But it has something to do with soaking rice for quite some time.  One thing is for sure, my grandma use natural ingredients for her 'bedak sejuk', therefore it makes it even better for the skin (I wanna say)  My grandma also adds some dried pandan leaves for a subtle scent.

Usage directions :
  1. Take a couple of it onto your palm/small plate
  2. Dissolve it with a little bit of water
  3. Apply it onto face (like a mask/pack)
  4. Wait for it to dry before washing it off your face

Benefits :
  • Helps to freshen up your skin
  • Reduces oil / excess sebum on your skin
  • Helps to soothe your skin
  • Helps in reducing the appearance of acne
  • Helps to firm up your skin
One thing that really stands out for me is that my skin feels smooth instantly after using the 'bedak sejuk' . I know this product might not be available outside of Malaysia (correct me if I'm wrong)  But I just wanted to share some of the 'traditional' beauty secrets that I know of to you guys.

Stay tune.... xoxo
BudgetBambi...

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts