Daiso Products : Is It Worth It?

7:30:00 PM


DAISO...  You can get almost anything and everything that you could possibly wish for at a very reasonable price.  From snacks to household items to stationaries to even beauty products.  All of the items are of the same price (but the prices do differ for each country.)  Here in Malaysia, the items are price at RM5.30.

I really love trying out the beauty products that Daiso carries.  Obviously some products scares me a bit, cause lets be honest...  Does a RM5.30 (around $1.30) beauty/skincare products really work?  What if the ingredients in them are rubbish & I'll end up having terrible skin or allergic reactions?  Well, here are a few of their products that I've tried & will be giving a short review on.

Cleansing Tissue
Daiso does offer a few variety of cleansing tissues.  But I really love this one the most and have repurchased it over and over again!  The one with the grapefruit extract to be precise!  It has the solid plastic cover at the top which is really great for any cleansing tissue packaging.  I mean, how many of you have used a cleansing tissue with the normal 'pull-of' tab that when you don't seal it properly, it dries out your cleansing tissue?

So... Is it worth it?  Well, for RM5.30, it does clear up all my makeup (not sure for waterproof ones since I don't really use any waterproof makeup)  It does the job, so there's really no reason for me to hate it!  It's definitely a YESS for the grapefruit one but not so much for the other types since in my opinion, the scent for the other ones are kinda strong.  But then again, it's really up to your preferences...

Peeling Gel
There are also a couple of peeling gels to choose from at Daiso.  I got mine in the lemon scent.  I bought this simply to try out whether peeling gels would work on my skin since a couple of Youtubers that I watch really love peeling gels (well obviously they don't use the same ones as I'm using) but for the sake of wanting to try it out, I got myself one from Daiso.  It does have a slight lemon scent to it but it doesn't lingers around for long.

Is it worth it?  I'm not to sure on this one to be honest.  On days where I have really minimal makeup on, I would use the peeling gel to remove my makeup instead of my cleansing tissue.  I could really see the what is claimed to be as 'dead skin cells' when I use this product to remove my makeup but none of the 'dead skin cells' when I use it on my bare face!  So I'm guessing that the 'dead skin cells' are actually my makeup residue?  Well, I don't know...  I guess I need to try out other peeling gels to see the differences.

 

Eye Shadow
Out of the many eye shadows available in Daiso, I got attracted to this one.  Probably because I feel like it's the most compact out of the rest.  There are many other colour options besides this one, but I decided that I wanted to try out the more natural looking shadows.  There's 4 shadow shades & 2 highlight shades I wanna say?  I don't know, correct me if I'm wrong guys.  After all, I'm a makeup addict/junkie (what ever you wanna call it) not a makeup expert.  It also comes with a double sided sponge tipped applicator and a small mirror.

Is it worth the RM5.30?  For a really affordable price, all of the colours are surprisingly really pigmented (especially the dark ones)  However, there are some fall outs to these eye shadows and like any other 'cheap' eye shadows, it's always either glittery of shimmery.  No mattes!  Overall, it's a YESS for the eye shadows (I would bold the YESS if there are some matte shades in there! LOL)  But it's still a decent eye shadow for it's price!

Eyebrow Pencil
I've never been the type of girl who shape/draw my eyebrows.  So I wouldn't really know what's the criteria for a great eyebrow pencil.  I bought the eyebrow pencil mainly because it's cheaper to get it at Daiso and because I just wanted to fill in my brows (non of the shaping or drawing business)  It's like the usual eyebrow pencil you could find (on one side is the pencil & the other side is the spoolie)

I've tried 2 types of eyebrow pencil from Daiso, but I feel like I like this one better.  As I've said before, I only use it to fill in my brows so I wouldn't really know if it's a really good one or not.  So, if you're a beginner in the brow area, try and have a look at this eyebrow pencil.

Instant Cold Pack
Well that's really random of me isn't it?  Talking about beauty/skincare products, and all of a sudden BAMM!!!  A cold pack!  Malaysia's weather has really been crazy hot for a couple of months.  So I thought, why not just buy this thing?  It comes with 3 packs per box.  There are various sizes of it but I decided that a small size would be sufficient.  Cause let's be honest, who would want to carry around a large size of cold pack?

Does it work?  It sure does!  Although it's really hard to make the 'cooling effect' to work.  I tried smashing it, clapping it (as suggested), punching it and you know how I make it work?  I stomped on it!  I guess I don't have any arm strength!! *giggles  But it doesn't stay cool for long (less than 20 minutes I wanna say?)  So if any of you are looking for a quick and handy cooling pack or even a substitute for 'cold fever' definitely check this product out!


That's all for now guys.  Do comment down below if you have any other Daiso products that you want me to try and I'll let you know what I think of it... (a part 2 maybe? *winks)

Stay tune.... xoxo
BudgetBambi...

You Might Also Like

0 comments