My top 3 tips for beginners on contact/circle lenses

10:20:00 AM

Have any of you out there always wanted to try out contact/circle lenses but are always hesitant about it?  I know how people are always advising on the hygiene aspects if you are new at using contact/circle lenses.  However, that's not my case.  I'll be sharing with you my top 3 tips regarding contact/circle lenses that I have learnt throughout my 2-3 years of experience.


  • Water Content
After trying out a couple of different lenses, I find that the water content in the lenses play a huge part in making sure that I feel comfortable wearing it.  The water content will be stated on the box/bottle of the lenses.  The higher the water content, the more comfortable it feels.  Personally, I do prefer my lenses to have more than 48% of water content because I feel like anything that is lower than that cause a slight discomfort on my eyes.

  • Diameter of lenses
If you are interested in trying out circle lenses, do note that it has a slightly bigger diameter compared to normal contact lenses.  This is because it will give you an enlargement effect on your eyes.  However, if you have small eyes there might be some difficulties in applying your lenses.  Even the normal 14.5mm lenses are hard for me to wear at first since I have kinda small eyes.  So I do advice choosing lenses which are smaller in diameter if you are a beginner at wearing lenses.

  • Prescription lenses
If any of you are wearing prescription glasses, I would advise that you choose a power slightly lower than the ones that you're wearing for your glasses.  This is because logically the lenses are placed on your eyes, unlike your glasses which is a couple of mm away from your eyes.  However, some optician does not advice you about this beforehand (which I don't really know why)
I'm obviously not an optician nor am I an expert on lenses.  The tips that I'm sharing with all of you are all based on my personal experience.  I really hope I could enlighten some of you who are wanting to try out contact/circle lenses for the first time.

Stay tune.... xoxo
BudgetBambi...

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts