Road To Softer Lips

7:52:00 AM

MATTE lips are a popular trend nowadays.  Most of the brands are coming out with their own version of matte lipsticks.  Being an absolute sucker for lippies, I too am trying to follow this trend.  However, having dry and chapped lips means matte lipsticks looks terrible on me.  If you guys are like me, you'll definitely understand how dry and flaky it can be for us when wearing this type of lipsticks.

Therefore, I went on a search for various products to try and solve my lip condition.  That is where I stumble across these products.  The Innisfree Smooth Lip Scrub and the Innisfree Treatment Lip Tint.


I've always wanted to use a lip scrub but is always unsure of which one to buy.  Lip scrubs can sometimes be super expensive.  Making me wonder if it is better than the cheaper ones.😕  Leaving that aside, I bought this Innisfree Smooth Lip Scrub when I was in Korea for KRW4,000 (about RM12).


The scrub itself comes in a squeeze tube instead of a pot which makes it more hygienic I suppose.  Unlike most of the lip scrubs available which uses sugar as their exfoliant, this lip scrub uses fine walnut and coconut shell granules which means that it is softer on the lips.  There's also camellia oil and shea butter in it to help moisturize and soften the lips.  I've been using the scrub once/twice a week and I do feel that my lips becomes visibly softer after using it.

I also bought the Innisfree Treatment Lip Tint from Korea for KRW10,000 (about RM40).  It does seems to be a bit pricey but since I really wanted to try it, I just let it slide.  It comes with 2 options which is #1 Cherry in Honey and #2 Orange in Honey.  As you can see from the colour, I bought the cherry one.


It's definitely not a tint in my opinion as there is no or extremely little colour pay off when I swatched it at the counter.  I bought it to use as a treatment, therefore I was not disappointed about it not having any colour.  I felt like it's a little bit too sticky for day use, so I only applied it before going to bed at night.  I can still feel it on my lips when I wake up and my lips definitely feel softer after that as well.  However, it's not really something that I would bring in my purse as the tint seems to be leaking even when it's just sitting on my vanity.  Innisfree people, if you happen to be reading this, please change the packaging of this tint.😞


There might be a better product that can help to repair dry and chapped lips, however, I do feel like these two products are worth trying out.  My lips does not look as flaky or chapped as it used to when I'm using matte lipsticks which means that the products must have done something right, right?

Check out the links if any of you are interested in buying these products, the Innisfree Smooth Lip Scrub or the Innisfree Treatment Lip Tint.  Any suggestions on other lip treatment products that I should try?  Do tell me down below.😄

Stay tune.... xoxo
BudgetBambi...

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts